Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan, Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under limited direction, and according to established policies and procedures, provides clinical pharmacy services including primary and consultative services to patients and health care providers to ensure optimal drug utilization in assigned specialty area. Participates in clinical research, oversees and/or participates in the preparation and dispensing of medications. Provides education and training to medical and pharmacy students and residents.
1. Provides primary care and consultative services to patients and health care providers in assigned specialty area(s).
2. Reviews medication orders to ensure accurate, rational, and cost effective drug therapy. This includes choice of appropriate drug, indication, route and rate of administration.
3. Assesses patient's drug therapy; performs pharmacokinetic analysis with appropriate adjustments in dosing, and identifies monitoring parameters and therapeutic outcomes in consultation with the patients.
4. Participates in patient care rounds and consults with health care providers to ensure optimal drug therapy; makes recommendations regarding selection, dosing and administration of medications.
5. Oversees and coordinates the activities of technical staff/pharmacists/interns assigned to specialty area. Assists in the orientation and training of other departmental personnel.
6. Precepts residents, graduate and undergraduate students from accredited Colleges of Pharmacy in clinical clerkship experiences.
7. Obtains medication histories, maintains and monitors medication profiles, and provides medication consultation for patients in the ambulatory clinics when appropriate.
8. Plans, provides and evaluates educational classes for patients and/or health care professionals, as appropriate.
9. Participates in the development and production of in-service lectures, clinical case conferences, newsletter articles and other staff development programs for pharmacy or other health care providers.
10. Participates in on-going clinical research projects and other scholarly activities as appropriate; prepares reports or materials for publication.
11. Participates in MUE and ADR activities, and in the planning, implementation and evaluation of other programs designated by the Medication Use Committee and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
12. Participates in appropriate committees.
13. Adheres to system, hospital and departmental policies, procedures, and objectives; maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Doctor of Pharmacy degree (with residency or fellowship preferred) or equivalent combination of education with one to two years of clinical pharmacy practice experience in a health care setting.
2. Registered Pharmacist and Controlled Substance licensures in the State of Michigan obtained within 3 months of entry into job.
NOTE: PGY1/PGY2 Rotations highly preferred with ICU experience.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.