Location Address:1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
Top Quality outcomes
Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
Leadership is accessible
Located on the Gulf of Mexico
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
Performs treatments within their scope of training and administers oral, IM and limited I.V. medications to assigned patients.
Provides direct patient care responsibilities for assigned patients in an efficient, organized manner under the direction of the RN.
Provides a safe environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Excellent Organization and interpersonal communication skills
· Basic computer skills
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Organizational Skills, ability to prioritize
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High Scholl Diploma or equivalent
· Vocational training in Accredited School of Licensed Practical Nursing.
· Advanced Pharmacology Course completion
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Florida
· Current Basic Life Support within 90 days of hire.
· Completion of IV Therapy Course as outlined by the State of Florida, Board of Nursing
Under the supervision and direction of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse provides care for a set number of patients utilizing the patient care process, to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. Health Care needs are identified with the patient and family: formulates plan, sets goals for care, and educates patient and family. Evaluates patient outcomes in response to the plan and revises, as patient needs/responses requires. Represents the Department of Patient Care Services in a professional and courteous manner.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.