Providence is calling a Cardiac Sonographer (Cardiology Services, Variable Shift, On Call) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Position details: This is a supplemental position (0.0FTE) with variable shift (This position will cover any day/hours based on the needs of the department. Typical hours are 7am to 5:30pm)
In this position you will:
- Under the direction of the Department Manager and Lead Cardiac Sonographer, be expected to work independently performing a variety of echocardiography procedures for use in the diagnosis of heart disorders.
- Independently perform transthoracic echocardiograms on adult, children and neonatal patients and prepare a preliminary echo report for review by the interpreting cardiologist. Stress echocardiograms, both pharmacologic and exercise, will be performed by the Cardiac Sonographer with the assistance of a qualified nurse, physician or physician assistant.
- Also be responsible for acquiring Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE) images on anesthetized patients in the surgical setting under the direct supervision of a cardiac surgeon, cardiologist or qualified anesthesiologist.
- Assume responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of all exams performed and the effective communication of this information to the cardiologist or cardiac surgeon for final interpretation.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an accredited Cardiac Sonographer program or five (5) years of experience in the field
- Must be registered or registry eligible by either ARDMS or CCI. If not registered, registry must be obtained prior to permanent status. Registration in Cardiac Echocardiography.
- Must complete annual BLS course.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Providence Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 153222