|Job Knowledge |
The BBCIC CSO possesses extensive knowledge of drug surveillance, data models and research networks, electronic health records, epidemiology and statistical methods especially those pertinent to observational research, medical conditions and their treatments, and managed care pharmacy practice; and demonstrates the ability to keep informed of current developments and trends in these fields. Further, the CSO is a recognized thought leader in the research and managed care communities, having extensive publications especially in CER.
• Knowledge of appropriate business practices and procedures. Ability to allocate resources, plan and oversee budgets and contracts to ensure fiscal responsibility. Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate ideas, thoughts, and facts in writing and verbally. Expresses ideas clearly and concisely.
• Strong attention to detail with ability to prioritize, develop, coordinate and administer multiple research projects to meet the deadlines.
• Encourages outreach and dialogue programs, outside opportunities for synergistic and strategic data development and sharing, and invites public deliberation.
• Invites deliberation and encourages outside opportunities for synergistic and strategic data development and sharing.
• Responsible for hiring principal investigators (PI), delegating tasks and providing constructive feedback. Delegates responsibility, works with and coaches PIs to develop their capabilities. Provides helpful, timely feedback, gives assignments that will help develop their abilities.
• Supervises the BBCIC Research Team Coordinator.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
This position requires doctoral level training in a medical research and/or equivalent training in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or a related field. • Strong knowledge of therapeutics including a clinical degree in pharmacy, medicine, nursing or dentistry is preferred.
• Three or more years’ experience as a senior-level researcher with extensive experience conducting and leading observational CER, epidemiologic, and other relevant clinically relevant drug research is required.
• Superior knowledge of advanced epidemiology concepts and statistical methods especially in the evaluation of healthcare claims and EMR data.
• Professional senior management or executive role experience is required.
• Experience leading functionally diverse multi-stakeholder research teams, including mentoring researchers and encouraging consensus from stakeholders
Offering the flexibility to be remotely based anywhere in the U.S.
Moderate overnight travel, up to 15% by land and/or air.
The AMCP BBCIC reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in anyway the association desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.