Infection Control Coordinator, RN
We are seeking a registered nurse to join the Emory Healthcare Infection Control department as an infection control coordinator. The infection control coordinator assists in the continuing development, implementation, evaluation and modification of our infection control program. The infection control coordinator also coordinates activities to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring and transmitting infections in assigned focus area(s). Qualified candidates will have two years of recent health care experience, including one year of clinical infection control experience.
- Participates as a principal member of the Infection Committee(s) and clinical pathway teams and serves on other ongoing and ad hoc committees or task groups throughout the organization.
- Coordinates the development and periodic review of infection control-related standards, policies, procedures, practices and guidelines for assigned focus area(s) including infection surveillance, isolation/precautions, prevention and control in accordance with state, federal and organizational guidelines.
- Communicates with all personnel and medical staff regarding the interpretation, enforcement of and compliance with Infection Control Program policies, practices, and procedures.
- Analyzes data to recognize potentially important relationships or patterns of infection, and to detect significant variations in processes or outcomes.
- Prepares reports on infection control activities and improvement processes to meet organization needs and comply with applicable regulations in assigned focus area(s).
- Reviews, recommends and maintains infection control educational materials in the Learning Resource Center.
At Emory Healthcare, we are transforming the face of health care and advancing medical discoveries through the integration of science and caring. We are proud to be Georgia’s only health system with three Magnet®-designated hospitals. Our teams work collaboratively to care for medically complex, high-acuity patients across a full range of hospitals, clinics and practices, with an emphasis on evidence-based practice.
As a nationally recognized academic health system, we promote the ongoing professional and personal development of our employees. We believe in recognizing the contributions of our people with a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, with pay based on experience and clinical specialty. At Emory Healthcare, we are committed to providing our employees the best place to work, learn and grow. By inspiring our people to be the best versions of themselves, we enable them to perform at their best for our patients and for each other – because, in the final analysis, we are all in this together.
Join Us! Learn more and apply (Req ID 67199BR) at: www.emoryhealthcare.org/careers