We have TWO Pharmacy job openings!
Kootenai Health is looking for a pharmacist with a strong clinical background to build our evening Clinical service line. Duties of this service line include continuing excellent clinical pharmacy support house-wide in the evenings, attending codes/traumas, as well as support of main pharmacy operations as needed. Our ideal candidate would be residency trained, be comfortable with code attendance, and have a background in NICU/pediatric and/or oncology services.
Kootenai Health is looking for a pharmacist with a strong clinical background to support our clinical service line owners as a clinical float. Duties of this service line include providing excellent clinical pharmacy services to a variety of decentralized units, as well as occasionally staffing main pharmacy operational shifts as needed. Our ideal candidate would be residency trained, be comfortable working in a variety of clinical practice areas, and have a strong interest in eventually owning their own service line.
Compounds and dispenses prescribed drugs in a healthcare facility environment. Also responsible for transferring prescriptions, handling incoming physician calls, logging data into the computer, and Drug Utilization Review. Supervises pharmacy interns and technicians. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a manager. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Kootenai Health has a solid reputation in the Pacific Northwest and has a rich history that spans nearly 60 years of innovation, achievements, and benchmarks in healthcare. Providing a comprehensive range of medical services, our main campus is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and includes a 292-bed community-owned hospital. Kootenai Health is accredited by DNV and holds Magnet Designation for nursing excellence. We have been recognized among large employers as the No. 1 Best Place to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare magazine, and are regularly recognized by Cleverly and Associates for providing value to our community. We offer an excellent tuition reimbursement program, wellness program and on-going educational classes to all of our employees. If you want to love where you work and live, check out Kootenai Health.
As your potential next employer, we are excited to offer you:
- Phenomenal Employer Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance at little to no cost for Full Time and Part Time Employees.
- A 457 retirement plan with defined contribution!
- Main Campus On-site daycare! (located in Coeur d'Alene)
- Competitive salaries with a 12% differential for nights and an 8% differential for weekends!
- A robust and incentive-driven wellness program!
- Full spectrum employee reward, recognition, and retention programs, including outstanding employee development, training and educational opportunities!
We don't want to give it all away... but here's a few more things that make Kootenai Health outstanding:
- Magnet Designated since 2006 – This designation is nursing's top honor, accepted nationally as the gold standard in nursing excellence. Kootenai was the first hospital in the Inland Northwest to receive this designation and the second in Idaho.
- Member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network – in 2014 Kootenai Health became the 30th member, a national network of like-minded organizations that share a commitment to better serving patients and their families. Kootenai Health is the first health care organization in the Pacific Northwest to be selected as a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, and, like all network members, will remain locally-owned and independent health care provider.
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare – Kootenai Health has been voted multiple times as one of the Nation's top 20 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" by Modern Healthcare. We've earned this distinction by demonstrating the following:
- Financial stability
- Reinvesting in growth and medical technology
- Desirable benefit packages
- A full spectrum of employee reward, recognition and retention programs
- Workplace health and wellness initiatives
- Training and educational opportunities
- Positive employee/supervisor relationships
- Strong and caring leadership
Kootenai Health considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected status.